Sunday, November 9, 2008

Full weekend

On Saturday, we went to Alblasserdam, to the occasion of the opening of Pieter's daughter Charlotte's medical centre. From conceptual idea to opening day, it took the four initiators four years to realize their plans. And Pieter was of course beaming with pride that his daughter, as one of the initiators, made this happen! Below are the before and after pictures of the old school building in which the medical centre is now located. More info (in Dutch) and pics at www. gezondheidscentrumalblasserdam.nl
The old school

The new DOK 11 Medical Centre

Today, we celebrated my 41st (sssssht!) birthday. It was a very nice and busy day, with friends and family and kids. The food was not exactly the biggest success ever (I think I saw the kids using my meatballs as marbles ...), but fortunately everybody was very forgiving and they agreed I would probably do much better next time :-)
Birthday Girl - slightly out of focus; maybe that'll make me look younger

Despite the food, I think everybody had a good time. Including the six kids. With a similar toys-everywhere result as last Sunday.
The only quiet moments of the afternoon; the kids are watching Tarzan ...

Last, I want to share this pic of Janne with you. She truelly looks like Klein Duimpje in the Zevenmijlslaarzen. Guess whose boots these are ...
Little Thumb and the Seven-league Boots

No comments: