Sunday, January 18, 2009

Another backlog

Even though I've been okay posting regular up-dates on our weblog, I've not been so good in keeping our family photo albums current. While in Taiwan, I was extremely (almost obsessively) keen to stay up-to-date with my albums and I completed over 20 photo albums in seven years time (indeed, obsessively ...). Since we're back, I did not print one photograph or added one page to any of the albums, meaning that I had a backlog of a whole year.

In the past, I've had albums printed through Apple.com, namely for my sister, my mom and for Julie. So now, instead of doing it the hard print-cut-and-paste way, I made our 2008 photo album using iPhoto and Apple.com. It only took me seven nights to complete and it should arrive in two or three weeks time. That's how easy it is. I might stop cutting and pasting all together and switch to digital album making for all future memories. Depending on the quality of the 2008 family album that is; I'm still pretty critical if it comes to the quality of my photographs. On the other hand, when I start working again in another month, I probably won't have time to make albums the old fashioned way anymore. We'll see.

No comments: