Sunday, May 10, 2009

ODMC day 2 and more

Today was the last day of the ODMC. With four distances to swim, it was a full program for me. Still, I'm quite happy with the results.

100m breast - 1:41.69 - 7 of 7
(over 1 second slower than in Apr, disappointing)

100m breaststroke (picture by Frank van Vliet)

50m fly - 44.04 - 11 of 12
(first time swimming, lots to improve)

50m back - 43.16 - 6 of 10
(first time swimming, pretty good)

At the start of the 100m freestyle

100m free - 1:18.29 - 5 of 11
(8 seconds faster than Apr, VERY good!)
For this distance, I finished first in my series. Which doesn't mean much at the Masters, but it does feel nice :-)

Proof of me finishing first (of my series)

The fun during this tournament was heightened by the fact that it was held at the great Pieter van den Hoogenband Swim Stadion. There is a 10-lane olympic swimming pool, electronic timekeeping, a giant LCD scoreboard, and a separate 4-lane 50m warming up and cooling down pool. Admittedly, one doesn't swim a tenth of a second faster for all these extra's. It does help though to create a genuine competition atmosphere.

During all my swimming, Emma and Janne stayed with Oma and Tante Elly. On Friday, they went to a theme park in Belgium, Bobbejaanland.

Family fun at Bobbejaanland

They came home today and saw me swim my 'winning' distance (100m free). After that, they could finally give me their Mother's Day gifts. Their gifts were totally in style with the latest theme at the school 'Now and the old days' (see below).



No comments: